Monday, August 15, 2011

Words...and Excuses

So tonight we're sitting down for dinner, our first as a family since I bought a new dining room rug last week while Daddy was away, and Emily starts telling him about how she took a picture of the rug when I first brought it inside. And then, out of nowhere, she says, "I loved it so much I began to cry!"

As dramatic as she can be, that one's much better than her new favorite saying: "I'm not in the mood" ... to go to bed, to leave somewhere fun, to finish her dinner, you know, pretty much anything I want her to do. Yesterday she explained it: "You know how sometimes I try to touch Kate and she cries and you tell me she's not in the mood?" So basically she turned around my nice way of telling her to leave her sister alone and made it her excuse du jour.

Meanwhile Kate has added two new words: "bu" for book and "baba" for banana. She's got a long way to go if she wants to catch up to her big sister!

1 comment:

  1. i am really laughing at this post. i can totally see emily saying that, with such tude! so funny

    ReplyDelete