Saturday, August 20, 2011

Boating Adventures

This morning we were out on the boat early because Jack couldn't wait to show off his waterskiing. Our girls were mostly happy to just sit on the boat and watch!







When it was time for Jack to ski, they got him set up on the Aqua Buddy, a raft his dad Brian found this year to help the kids get up on their skis. When Jack and Brian gave their first try, it was Jack who stayed up while Brian fell down! They gave it another try and got a good ride in, complete with high fives and fist bumps.





Pretty cool for a four-year-old, eh? After Jack finished, Charlie insisted he wanted to give it a try too, but it turned out all he wanted to do was sit on the Aqua Buddy. Emily asked to try too but wanted her Daddy to come along in case she got scared.




We realized quickly that the Aqua Buddy really wasn't meant for tubing (or supporting that much weight!) so we switched to tubing instead. Emily started out well but got scared after a short ride. Jack had wanted to tube with Emily, and when I noticed he was looking a little down, I volunteered to go with him, under the guise of being a good sport (but actually because I really wanted to go myself!). Unfortunately it turned into the longest tubing ride ever, during which I kept asking him if he was all done, but he had us keep going until Uncle Pat decided for us that our ride was over. It was long but it sure was fun!








Evidently Kate took over the boat while I was in the water, and after my turn with Jack was finished, I asked if Emily wanted to give it one more try with me. She did, but again it didn't last long. After we got back on the boat, she surprised me by saying she wanted to swim to shore with Jack and Charlie, but again, once we were in the water, it wasn't long before she was crying for it to be over.




She was much happier once she was back in shallow water! We'll toughen her up one of these days, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment