Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Spectacular Idea

Today, too annoyed with the heat to deal with the added annoyance of sticky sand at the beach, we spent the better part of the morning wondering how to spend the day other than stuck on the couch watching the Tour de France. We have three young girls to entertain, after all. We lucked out that my Aunt Jill stopped by with a tip she and her family discovered yesterday: the pool at the hotel where I waitressed during college is open to the public, and on top of that, it has a bar and live music. Plus a baby pool, if you're into that sort of thing. Which we are. Apparently the whole place has overgone a major overhaul, to the point where it barely even resembles what I remember from, oh, 10 years ago. (The pretty young waitresses are still there, but long gone are the oversized Hawaiian fish shirts, having since been replaced with form-fitting tank tops. I bet those girls make a lot more than I ever did!)

Anyway. It was a lot of fun.










A most spectacular idea, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment