The pack 'n play Kate has been sleeping in at the beach house just ain't cutting it anymore. (It probably doesn't help that, when lying straight, she's now tall enough that she reaches it end-to-end.) We're down here for vacation, and the first night I assumed her night waking was because I was sleeping in the same room. Well, the next two nights James and I slept in a different room, and she still woke up multiple times. Last night, worrying about how we'd survive the week without sufficient sleep, I decided we needed to try something new, so we pulled out the trundle bed, hyped up the BIG GIRL BED, and, remembering the trouble we had getting Emily to stay in her bed when we switched her at this same age, prepared for the worst.
This morning, we were very pleasantly surprised.
Not only did she stay in her bed from the moment we started reading books at bedtime, but she slept straight through the night, even after Emily woke up and left the room this morning. Let's just hope this continues even when we're back to sharing the same room once the rest of the family comes down for the long holiday. Fingers crossed!
Monday, July 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment