Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Up the Creek

It's something I've been wanting to do with the girls ever since we moved here but always managed to find an excuse not to do it. Today, though, after a hot day at soccer, I vowed to myself (and eventually to the girls, so as not to make a promise that I might not be able to keep) that we would finally, finally! take a walk in the creek today.




Kate was a little nervous and stayed close to me, but Emily surprised me by taking off on her own. I actually had to remind her a few times to wait for us!






Most of the creek is shallow, only ankle-deep, except for the area where the small stream in our backyard hits the larger creek at the side of our yard, and then again a little ways down past our house. The girls definitely preferred the shallow areas, but by the time we reached the deepest part, we could already spot our destination: the bridge. (The deep part is also where we found a seashell, far away from its home.)





We braved our way all the way under the bridge and would have walked even farther if it were up to Emily. We'll have to save that adventure for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment