Friday, February 3, 2012

Early Preparation

Since Daddy and I won't be home from our trip until the night before Valentine's Day, I had to get the girls ready for Valentine's Day a little early. Today we made Hershey's Kisses cards for Daddy and the grandparents. Last night I cut kiss shapes out of cardstock and wrapped them in aluminum foil, so they were all ready for the girls this morning.


First, they stuck on some googly eyes, and Emily tried to correct Kate when Kate made her eyes crooked. (Gee, I wonder where she gets her perfectionist side?) Then, they used glitter pens to make smiles -- or smirks, or Joker faces, you decide!





They finished their part by writing their names. Of course, for Kate, that meant a little scribble, but by now Em has her name down pat. Well, except when she has to write it several times in a row, and then the letters and spacing start getting distorted, which means it's time to take a break. (It took us a few tries to finish writing her name on all her Valentine's for school, which is exactly why I started them last week. Hm, what was I saying about perfectionists again?)




Eventually we got four good Emily tags and four scribbles from Kate, and I glued them all onto our four cards. Kisses for everyone from Emily and Kate!


The early Valentine's weren't the only thing we've done to prepare for our trip. I also made the girls a countdown chart so they could use the stickers to count down the days until we get home. Hopefully it will make our time away a little easier for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment