Today Emily's classmate Ben -- with a little help from his parents, of course -- invited the whole class over for an end-of-year party. With a bounce house, two inflatable pools, a water table, a playhouse, bubbles and t-shirts for tie-dying, it was sure to be a hit with this crew and a few two-year-old siblings too.
Even the food was a hit. I was nervous when they brought out a tray with hot dogs and burgers, thinking my girls would have to settle for fruit until we got home, until they brought out another tray with squeezable applesauce and yogurt. Score! No joke, I think Kate put back at least eight of those applesauces.
The highlight for my girls (and for me, watching them) was playing on the tire swing. I mean, you can just see how hard Kate was laughing the whole time. I think we may need to find a nice sturdy tree for a tire swing of our own.
The whole class wasn't able to make it, but it was great to see so many of them together again. I don't want to say one last time, because we very well may get together over the summer, but most likely it will be in groups of two or three, or maybe (hopefully) more. Have I mentioned what a great group of kids they are? Well, it's worth saying again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment