Sunday, June 3, 2012

Practice, Practice, Practice

Today we took the girls to the beach and were happily surprised to find a line of gullies along the shore. Apparently their usual favorite beach pastime is no match for swimming in gullies: I think we may have taken a two-second break to jump some waves before we were back splashing in the gully.






While Kate was happy just to run and splash around, Emily took the opportunity to practice some of the things she's learned from her swimming lessons. Look at her reach! her scooped hands! her straight kick!



True, the good form may have only lasted a minute before her limbs were all over the place. I could probably blame the shifting tide, but more likely this was around the time she started complaining that she was afraid her band-aided boo-boo would hurt. (Yesterday, I let them splash around in the flooded street -- I was too busy holding Sloane to grab my camera -- and for some reason, it started hurting her in the water, and even after swimming without incident for a good half hour today, she suddenly got worried that it was going to start hurting again, threw a fit, and refused to swim anymore. Any wonder where she gets it? Hint: it's not from Daddy.) Still, for a precious few moments, there were smiles...




...and sandy pb&j to make the day a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment