Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Overdue

I've been meaning to get Emily's hair cut since before school started in the fall but kept putting it off until finally she started asking for it. I think we both realized that brushing her hair would be so much easier if there were less of it! So I finally bit the bullet today, and when the hairdresser saw the frown on my face after she took off a big snip, she asked if I wanted to take it home with me. For her third haircut? Don't be silly.

No, wait. Yes, please.



What is that? Four inches? Five? I know it wasn't looking pretty anymore, but that's a lot of hair, and I was sad to see it go. Though I do have to admit that it is infinitely easier to brush her hair now!

If you can't tell, once we were back home, Emmy really wasn't in the mood to show off her haircut for pictures, but Kate sure was. After all, it will be a long while before she has a haircut to show off herself!


Before we went home, though, we stopped to have lunch at the bagel shop next door, and Em was a little more excited about showing off her new 'do then. Meanwhile Kate's excitement had stayed just about the same.




I think that's about the same amount of cheese that was in her grilled cheese sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment