Saturday, January 28, 2012

Happy!

Tonight we're going to celebrate Poppy's birthday, and I figured now was as good a time as any to use the spare chocolate cake I had in the freezer and jazzed it up with some peanut butter filling just for the birthday boy. I fully acknowledge that I am no Cake Boss, but to fancy (and I use that term loosely) it up a bit, I decided to label it with what Kate cutely calls cake these days: Happy.


Plus, with such a simple message, I figured this way I could include all the other winter birthdays in our family along with Poppy's in these Happy Birthday wishes. If that's not enough, well, here's Kate singing her version of the Happy Birthday song for all of you!


(The nose-picking bit is just for you, Uncle John. And, yes, that's Emily in the background describing all the cake she and Kate are going to eat tonight!)

Happy Birthday to Poppy, Mimi, Aunt Lauren, Uncle John, and Auntie D!

No comments:

Post a Comment