Emily: Mommy, am I the prettiest girl in my class?
Me: Uh, what?
Emily: Am I as pretty as the other girls in my class?
Me: Well, I think you're the prettiest. Why are you asking?
Emily: None of the boys ever say I'm pretty.
Me: Do the boys tell the other girls they're pretty?
Emily: Julia.
Me: Who tells Julia she's pretty?
Emily: Duke.
Me: Well, I bet Duke likes Julia, and that's why he thinks she's the prettiest.
Emily: But no one thinks I'm pretty.
Me: Well, Colin says he wants to marry you, so I bet he thinks you're the prettiest.
Emily: But he doesn't say he wants to marry me anymore! Not since I told him to stop.
Me: That's good that he stopped, but I bet he still likes you best. Are there any boys that you think are handsome?
Emily [blushing and walking away]: Just Colin.
She is five. FIVE! How is this starting already?!
Friday, January 25, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment