Friday, November 2, 2012

Donuts for Dads (and Sometimes Moms Instead)

Our preschool has a tradition of hosting a "Donuts for Dads" day in the fall as a way to celebrate the dads since the kids are out of school by the time Father's Day rolls around. James has gone with Emily the past two years and with Kate earlier this year, but since he left yesterday for Ironman Florida, I happily took his place. We started referring to it as "Donuts for Dads and Moms Day," and once at the school I became a "special dad" along with the two other moms and one or two grandfathers that were there.


We watched them do their usual morning routine, which involved naming the day and the date and talking about the letter of the week: F for Fathers!




Then, of course, it was time for donuts. Emily helped herself to more than a few, and I just may have had to try one of the red velvet ones.


It was a fun morning, and while I know both Daddy and Emily were sad not to have their special day together, I was excited to have the chance to be a part of it. You know I'm like a kid and hate to miss any of the fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment