Friday, September 7, 2012

Preschool Practice Run

Today we took Kate to meet her new teacher (and Emily's first teacher), Miss Cammy. (We met Emily's new teacher, Mrs. Fine, yesterday.) I tried to prepare Kate to start school the same way I did with Emily, trying to get her excited by talking about how fun it will be to meet new friends and play with all the new toys and get to go to school just like her big sister. Still, when I would tell her that she'd be starting school soon, she'd always reply, "When I get bigger!" So, when we went to meet Miss Cammy today, I think it became a little too real for her. As soon as we walked into the hallway, she started clinging to me so much that I practically had to push her into the classroom. Of course, she was fine once inside, especially when she spotted the baby dolls. Having Emily there with her certainly helped, too.

Afterwards, to try to make her feel even more comfortable, Emily and I showed her the playground, which of course she's seen before but never had much of a chance to play on yet. Now she'll get to play there twice a week!



She was definitely a lot more excited (and showing off her newly crooked tooth) when we left, so I am hopeful that it'll stay that way when she starts next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment