Thursday, August 9, 2012

Promises, Promises

Mountain climbing wasn't the only thing Daddy promised the girls about Colorado; he also promised that there would be playgrounds. Well, let's just say it's a good thing that this little town happens to have a couple, because let me tell you, the other rinky dink mining towns along the way here didn't seem to have much to offer. So today, while Daddy was off getting registered and ready for the race, I took the girls to a playground I had found on the way from our cabin into town. If you already guessed that it had more mountain views, well, you'd be right.


More than that, though, it had a merry-go-round. Yep, a good, old-fashioned, just-like-when-we-were-kids merry-go-round. I didn't even think those things were made anymore, and yet there it was on a newly constructed playground. Imagine that.






Kate was a big fan of another sort of spinner. You can't tell, but this thing spun around pretty fast, and she just held on tight and laughed the entire time. Emily was a bit more trepidatious, and while I was busy spinning her, her fearless little sister was busy climbing to the top of the monkey bars. Did I mention she is FEARLESS?!






As if the playground weren't enough fun, after we finished playing, the girls and I walked over to a horse arena on the other side of the parking lot to check out the two horses I saw arrive in a trailer while we were busy playing. After all the fun the girls had at the Devon Horse Show, and Emily's recent talk of wanting to be an Olympic equestrian, I just knew they'd enjoy it. What I didn't anticipate was Emily running away after spotting a pile of manure, but eventually she came around and joined me and Kate as we talked to the owner and met the horses. It would have been fun to stay and watch them ride, but one of us needed an N-A-P. Well, I think all of us could have used a nap, but only one of us was lucky enough to get one!

No comments:

Post a Comment