Sunday, November 20, 2011

Back to Philly

Five years and two kids later, I came back to run the Philadelphia Marathon to see how much my running has really changed. It turns out it's not only my running speed that has changed; the course has too. Unfortunately, it's not enough to explain the half hour time difference; that's all due to age and these beautiful girls who came out bright and early on this crisp November morning to cheer on their Mommy.






Mimi and Pop-Pop also came out to cheer me on and help Daddy with the girls, who were their usual cute selves, as far as I can tell. They really have this cheering thing down by now!








It wasn't exactly the race I wanted, but I finished with a smile on my face, and sometimes that's all you can really ask for when it comes to racing. That, and a nice day like today.



The best part of finishing -- well, after the actual finishing -- is meeting up with my support crew (which also included Aunt Lauren and her friends Meredith and Allison). The girls greeted me with big smiles, and of course Kate wanted to be held, but it wasn't long before they did what I so desperately wanted to do too: take a nap.



Thanks to everyone for the support, near and far!

No comments:

Post a Comment