Lately, Emily has gotten into the habit of coming into Kate's room as I'm getting her ready for bed. The other night, she was a little cranky as Daddy was trying to get her into the bath, so I asked her what the best part of her day was. Since then, it's become our little routine.
She walks in and says, in a sweet high-pitched voice, with a big smile on her face:
"Let's talk about our day."
Then she climbs onto the bed and says:
"What was your favorite part of the day?"
I always answer first, and then I ask Emily, who then asks Daddy and even Kate too. Tonight, though, her response made me melt:
"My favorite part of the day was staying home with you."
It's moments like those when I really wish she could stay little forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment